Assistant Back of House Manager
Your mission is to assist the Back of House Manager to ensure the highest standards of health, & safety and hygiene in all back of house areas are maintained at all times.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Daily spot checks in and around the BOH area to make sure that all aspects of the department are well maintained.
- In conjunction with the Purchasing department, ensure that the relevant BOH areas are always stocked with the necessary equipment and supplies, including all the necessary chemicals
- Ongoing training and coaching of all staff
- Overseeing the bin and wastage management areas to ensure that hotel waste is managed correctly at all times
- Oversee the maintenance & quality of silverware, china and glassware
- Attend the weekly BEO meeting and liaise with the kitchen and other departments and plan the equipment for subsequent week’s events
- Assistance with stocktake
- Ensure that all risk assessments are checked and updated on a regular basis
- Take ownership of all aspects of the department in the absence of the Back of House Manager
- Proven experience in a similar hotel back of house supervisory/management role, ideally gained within a luxury 5* establishment
- With natural leadership abilities, you will be a credible and consistent role model, demonstrating a flexible and hands-on approach
- Highly organised and impeccable attention to detail are key qualities for success in the role
- Strong communication skills, with a high level of English is essential
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience using Fourth Hospitality is desirable
- Competitive salary
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Contributory Pension scheme and Life Assurance
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.