You’ll support a dedicated section of the kitchen under the guidance of a Chef de Partie with the opportunity to showcase your knowledge, skill and creativity. You’ll also be involved in the daily sourcing and ordering of quality ingredients, stock control and ensuring food hygiene standards are maintained to the highest level.
Working as part of a large kitchen you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to support our other talented culinary professionals. With access to London's newest and most modern kitchen facilities, you’ll showcase knowledge, skill and creativity for combining and working with quality British and international ingredients in front of your peers and colleagues.
You will epitomise the very essence of 21st century hospitality; with a natural flair and elegance for service and a passion and enthusiasm for providing an exceptional guest experience and a level of service that is both confident and calm. As a true hospitality professional you will be well versed in culinary operations and have the finesse to execute the correct order of service with both personality and style.
- Desire to join a hotel to grow and develop with - looking for proven commitment of at least 1-2 years of past employers
- A natural flair and talent for cooking, combined with a passion in producing the highest levels of cuisine in a manner that is both confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar Commis or Demi Chef position, ideally within a fine dining restaurant, innovative high quality up & coming restaurant, or 5 star luxury hotel
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification
- Exposure to international cuisines, particularly with Italian or modern European influences is advantageous
- 4 Days per Week with 3 days off on a Rotation basis (47 hours per week)
- On-duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Group Life Insurance
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service + Bank Holidays
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted Room rates and F&B
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.