Demi Chef Baker
As our Demi Baker you will work under the direction and guidance of our Executive Pastry Chef. You will have the opportunity to be part of our talented Pastry team who showcase both flair and creativity in combining quality British ingredients with a cosmopolitan mix of International, Italian and French influences to create an elegant, yet contemporary themes in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
At Café Royal you will have the opportunity to showcase your knowledge, skill and creativity of Bakery in combining and working with quality British and international ingredients to create an elegant, yet indulgent range of bakery products including; the production of all of the hotels artisan breads used throughout our restaurants; viennoiserie including croissants, pain au chocolate and raisin, Danish pastries.
As a talented and experienced Baker you will be involved in handling all grades of flour and the sourcing of quality products to create an elegant, yet indulgent range of artisan and specialist breads and pastries, whether French or Italian in style to you will ensure they are all in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality.
- Previous experience of at least 1-2 years in the same or similar role ideally within a luxury hotel or high quality restaurant.
- Professionally trained as a chef with minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification or equivalent in Pastry with a specialism or separate qualification within Professional Bakery.
- Exposure to international cuisines, particularly with Italian or modern European influences is advantageous.
- Competitive salary package
- Complimentary meals on duty in our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.