Director of Human Resources
As our Director of Engineering you are the custodian of our property and assets. Your role is to ensure that through your technical knowledge, exceptional skill and passion for your trade, our Engineering team will constantly aim to maintain our product to the highest standards for all our guests and employees to enjoy.
Working as part of a larger management team you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to lead, guide and continuously train a team of 16 specialist Trades, Engineers & Handymen to ensure that all of our front and back of house areas, plant equipment, wet & dry spa areas, along with guest bedrooms are well maintained and are consistently presented in a pristine condition. Possessing distinct leadership qualities and a team player approach to provide a credible and consistent role model, you will be passionate about delivering a quality maintenance service with a meticulous eye for detail, maintaining your team’s standards through coaching and training in order to achieve the highest levels of service and presentation. You’ll oversee a range of management duties as well including recruitment, staff scheduling, payroll and of course the management and control of various service level agreements for plant and equipment.
- A natural elegance for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar senior engineering role within a multi-outlet luxury hotel or luxury serviced building
- Hold relevant UK licences and qualifications in one or more key trades such as electrical and plumbing
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, previous use of HOTSOS, OPERA and Fourth
- Experience with managing swimming pools and large spa/leisure facilities is advantageous
- A high level of spoken and written English is essential
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the ability and confidence to build strong working relationships at all levels of the business
- Highly organised with great attention to detail and demonstrate proven experience in the day to day management of a large and highly visible team
- A flexible approach to working hours as you will occasionally have to work evenings and weekends
- Competitive Salary
- 15% Annual Bonus
- On duty meals
- Pro-rata allowance of 20 days holiday (inclusive of Bank holidays) rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service
- Dry Cleaning Allowance
- Group Life Insurance
- Management Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com by clicking the 'Apply now' button below. Please ensure to send a cover letter outlining your suitability for the vacancy and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.