Director of Human Resources
Experience our take on the art of the iconic
Your passion in provide personalised colleague experiences, with detailed HR knowledge and confidence, is both assertive yet sincere. Your “voice with a smile” and commitment to anticipation, to deal with our colleagues in a professional and responsive manner, in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
We are now seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources to drive forward and champion our people agenda.
As the Director of Human Resources for Hotel Café Royal you will work in partnership with the Managing Director, Regional L&D Director and hotel Leadership team to deliver a world class people & development experience for our colleagues in order to drive colleague engagement and establish Hotel Café Royal as an employer of choice and ‘best places to work in Hospitality’.
As our Director of Human Resources, you will oversee a dedicated HR team and HR Services to a workforce of 450 colleagues (including agency workers). Your passion in provide personalised colleague experiences, with detailed HR knowledge and confidence, is both assertive yet sincere. Your “voice with a smile” and commitment to anticipation, to deal with our colleagues in a professional and responsive manner, in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
Working in partnership with our Leadership team your responsibilities will include;
- Annual formulation and control of manning budgets, payroll, benefits, recruitment and other HR areas; provide monthly business statistics to the leadership team to support strategic business decisions.
- Oversee and Manage the approval and sign off the monthly payroll and contract labour charges.
- Recruitment & Talent management, in line with manning requirements including the coordination of senior management recruitment.
- Develop Employee Branding and attraction strategies in order to secure top quality graduates and candidates, building and maintain relationships with hotel schools.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to line managers across a range of ER issues, managing any complex cases personally to mitigate any risk to the business.
- Maintain a robust and up to date knowledge of current legislation in order to ensure all colleague documentation (handbook, contracts, policies and procedures) comply with current UK legislation.
- Deliver a range of engagement activities and wellbeing programmes for colleagues; ranging from communication forums, social activities through to learning & development activities which reinforce our values and enrich our colleague experience.
- Deliver and develop a range of learning activities in partnership with the Regional Director of Learning & Development to deliver exceptional service standard in line with LQA, nurture and grown talent within the team and support our ethos and values; exceptional focus, discerning individuality, balance perspective, forward thinking and Joie de Vivre.
We are looking for an individual that has a natural flair and passion for HR, combined an enthusiasm for providing an engaging working environment for our team and exceptional business acumen. You will ideally have extensive experience delivering professional HR services, preferably gained in a similar role as a HR Director or Assistant HR Director in Luxury Hotel environment, restaurants, retail or small independent hotel business or members club.
You will be able to demonstrate your passion for HR through professional qualifications and be fully qualified CIPD member or hold other similar management designations.
Your administration skills should be exceptional and you will need to have a minimum of intermediate to advanced level knowledge on all Microsoft packages. Naturally your communication skills will be outstanding, with a fluent level of written and spoken business English, in order to connect and engage with our colleagues across all levels of the business. Your integrity and discretion will be your defining quality as you will become guardian to a host of highly confidential and at times sensitive colleague information on behalf of the Company.
Find your ‘Joie de Vivre’
At The Set Hotels, we are interested in not only capturing the hearts and minds of our guests but also those of our colleagues. The artistry of our people is our combined talent, skills, expertise and flair that create inspiring environments and individual experiences that feel beautifully composed.
To enrich your experience at The Set Hotels we have created a range of benefits and activities which we hope will compliment your salary. Naturally we include all of the financial basics including competitive incentive and reward schemes ranging from Service charge, sales commission and recognition rewards. We also offer a range of financial benefits including pension schemes; life insurance cover and access to financial advice service to support your financial wellbeing.
Your personal wellbeing is just as important to us and we not only recognise this through a range of learning and wellbeing classes and activities, our holiday and time off schemes; but also through freshly prepared Meals on duty in our colleague restaurant; complimentary dry cleaning and pressing of your work clothing; as well as access to a variety of discounts and free night’s accommodation throughout our hotels. Further information will be given in regards to any specific benefits you will be entitled to at interview stage.
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com by clicking the 'Apply now' button below. Please ensure to send a cover letter outlining your suitability for the vacancy and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.