Food and Beverage Cost Controller
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will take responsibility for ensuring F&B stock and costs of our multiple outlets are monitored and controlled for maximum efficiency. You will be responsible for cross checking F&B invoices to purchase orders and working closely with the goods receiving clerks to ensure that quality controls are in place for all fresh produce and perishable goods.
As guardian of our cellar, you’ll implement a range of stock control measures and play a pivotal role in the monthly stocktake and management of our inventory. Finally your background in general purchasing will give you the fundamental understanding to undertake a host of financial responsibilities including menu costing, the preparation of reports and journals for stock taking and inventory control. You will be responsible for ‘Point of Sale’ (Micros Simphony) system maintenance and provide hardware + software support - amongst other tasks you will be administering user and item databases, troubleshooting, adding and deleting menu items.
- You will demonstrate a natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar role gained within a multi outlet hospitality environment is essential; luxury 5* hotel background beneficial
- You will be well versed in business operations and have the ability to execute a range of purchasing/procurement tasks with accuracy and precision
- Exceptional financial and numerical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- A flexible approach to working hours, as occasional weekend work is required (though in return you will be given days off in lieu)
- Competent in Excel, Word and some exposure to purchasing/procurement software is essential.
- Competitive salary package
- Complimentary meals on duty on our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.