Guest Service Centre Agent
Hotel Café Royal enjoys an unrivalled setting, where the elegance of Mayfair, energy of Soho and sophistication of St. James combine. It's where history, culture, business and the stage are just steps away. That's one reason why, for 150 years, people who make a difference have made their way through these doors.
You are the “voice with a smile”, managing our hotel switchboard and dealing with all internal and external calls in a professional and efficient manner. Whilst handling a range of matters, you will offer exceptional attention to detail in hotel services knowledge and convey the appropriate tone and warmth in all communications.
You will coordinate all Housekeeping and Engineering service work orders through HotSOS, reporting guest queries to the relevant senior colleagues if no immediate solution is identified and ensuring efficient communication with guests.
This is a permanent full time position with 40 hours per week. There are various shifts involved, including weekends.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar guest service role, ideally on a busy switchboard
- A strong background within a 4 or 5 star hotel environment or other high end establishment
- Well versed in hotel operations, with the finesse to respond to a variety of guest requests and solve problems with efficiency, accuracy and personality
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to connect with guests who possess little English speaking ability - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Flexibility to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Competitive salary package
- Complimentary meals on duty on our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.