Guest Services Assistant Doorman & Luggage Porter
A great opportunity has arisen for a passionate and exceptional candidate to join our fantastic Concierge team. Your role will provide our guests with unparalleled hospitality ensuring a seamless experience and personalised service.
As a Guest Service Assistant - Doorman and Luggage Porter, you will be an integral part of a new generation of Guest Services professionals. You will become part of an exceptional service team that engages with our guests throughout their patronage with us. A warm welcome, assistance with luggage, coordinating private cars and arranging taxis, as well as valet parking, are a few of the many important tasks ahead. You will be one of Café Royal’s main points of contact, on hand to deal with queries, providing information on hotel services and giving directions for the surrounding areas.
Providing anticipative, yet unobtrusive service is an art and our skilful managers will be on hand to guide you through the process. Passion, knowledge and confidence are required trademarks for this position to successfully master the elegant delivery of our products and services. In sharing your knowledge with our cherished guests you will deliver the very utmost in customer service having personal pride in being the best source of information our guests could ever ask for. Your role will provide the very essence of 21st century hospitality by ensuring our guests receive not only the information they need but also the information they are just about to need ensuring we deliver the highest level of service.
Shifts are worked on a 4 on 4 off basis (including weekends) covering the hotel between the hours of 08:00am to 20:00pm at which time responsibility will be handed over to the Day team.
- A natural elegance for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm, whilst adding a touch of personality and theatre to the guests’ experience;
- A clean, valid UK/EU drivers licence is desirable;
- It’s likely you’ll have a proven background within a luxury hospitality environment, ideally within a similar guest facing role or as a Door Person, Porter or Guest Services;
- Confident knowledge of Central London in terms of transport, services, restaurants/bars and attractions; particularly around Mayfair, Soho and the West End to ensure the highest quality service for our guests;
- Your grooming should be immaculate and communication skills exceptional, in order to flawlessly connect with guests from all over the world – a fluent level of spoken and written English is essential and another language is advantageous;
- Highly organised with great attention to detail and have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work different shifts;
- Possessing a strong sense of discretion, you will be able to uphold a high level of confidentiality in your service;
- Flexibility to work - including day, night shifts and weekends.
- Competitive salary package
- Complimentary meals on duty in our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and well being events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.