We are actively seeking a number of Housekeeping Porters to work Days and Night Shifts to help us make this difference and complement our existing team.
Guests tell us the sheets are silkier, the curtains thicker, the silence more golden. At Hotel Café Royal, everyone seems to have their own story of a good night's rest and as a member of our Housekeeping team your role is a pivotal part of our story.
As a Housekeeping Porter your role is to provide operational support to all Housekeeping teams in an energetic, timely and precise manner. You will be responsible for supporting the Housekeeping team with a range of duties including the distribution of linen and other products throughout the hotel. You’ll also assist with the general cleaning of guest areas ensuring that they are clean, free of refuse, well maintained and staged appropriately. You’ll also be responsible for the upkeep and general presentation of guest corridors, linen cupboards and back of house service areas.
- Natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven background within a luxury hospitality environment, ideally gained within a similar Housekeeping role
- Your grooming should be immaculate and a conversational level of English is necessary in order to communicate with colleagues, as well as our guests from time to time
- You will also need to be highly organised with great attention to detail and have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work days and night shifts.
- £20,157 per annum / £9.69 per hour + over time
- Complimentary meals on duty in our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.