In-Room Dining Waiter
The Set embraces the best of the traditional Grand hotels and the new design hotels in turn, providing the best of both worlds. Heritage, attention to detail and impeccable service sit harmoniously alongside modernity, wellbeing and technology, giving us the ability to stay in tune with the personal rhythms of our guests’ lifestyles. Hotels of The Set allow guests to continue to do what they love doing in locations and surroundings where they feel they belong. We want people to feel part of The Set, seek out our hotels when they travel, and always wish to return. We do this by creating places that move people. Places they love, want to return to, and tell others about whilst at the same time enabling new discoveries; something that makes them think differently.
Our three founding properties in Amsterdam, London and Paris all sit in the cultural heart of their vibrant cities, and have attracted the people who drive change and creativity for decades. We feel a great sense of responsibility to preserve the soul and individuality of each property – its features, feeling and heritage – to retain its sense of place, purpose and continued contribution to its locality.
As a In Room Dining Waiter you will become part of a special service team that engages with our guests throughout their patronage with us. In Room Dining offers our guests the opportunity to sample a select range of dishes from our menus in the intimacy of their own private rooms and suites, served with the same sophistication and style found within our restaurants. You’ll be passionate about service and interested to learn about food, drink and products, giving you the confidence and ability to anticipate our guests’ needs and preferences, enhancing their overall dining experience and patronage with us. Serving orders to guest rooms, replenishing welcome amenities and mini bar are key responsibilities of this role.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience as a Waiter, ideally gained within a luxury hotel or high end restaurant
- Your communication skills will be exceptional in order to flawlessly connect with guests from all over the world - fluent level of English is essential, and other language skills are desirable
- Naturally, your grooming and personal presentation will be immaculate
- The utmost level of confidentiality and discretion, as well as attention to detail is the key for success in this role
- A qualification in hospitality and/or hotel management is desirable
- Experience in Opera, Micros, Hotsos, GoConcierge is advantageous
- Complimentary meals on duty on our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How To Apply
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.