Pastry Chef de Partie
With overall responsibility for one of our pastry sections you’ll showcase knowledge, skill and creativity for combining and working with quality British and international ingredients across a range of disciplines including bakery, chocolate & sugar work, desserts and classical patisserie. With an in depth and expansive knowledge of your trade you will be responsible for the continual development of new dishes for our menus and retail products for sale within our various outlets.
As a Pastry Chef De Partie you will also be an exceptional teacher, mentor and coach in order to develop your sections pastry skills so that they reach their full potential; not only in the art of pastry but also over a range of kitchen skills including the daily sourcing of ingredients, development or menus and dishes, control of products, stock control and food cost; and of course ensuring that food hygiene is maintained to the highest level and HACCP controls are implemented.
You will have a natural flair and elegance for service and a passion and enthusiasm for providing an exceptional guest experience and a level of service that is both confident and calm. As a true hospitality professional you will be well versed in kitchen operations and have the finesse to execute the correct order of service with both personality and style.
• Proven experience ideally in the art of Patisserie as a Pastry Chef De Partie within a luxury hotel or high quality destination restaurant
• Professionally trained as a chef with minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification or equivalent
• You will be passionate about delivering excellence in service standards enabling you to develop and coach more junior members of the pastry brigade.
• Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts
- 4 Days per Week with 3 days off on a Rotation basis (47 hours per week)
- Service charge
- On-duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Group Life Insurance
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service + Bank Holidays
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted Room rates and F&B
How To Apply
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.