Hotel Café Royal enjoys an unrivalled setting, where the elegance of Mayfair, energy of Soho and sophistication of St. James combine. It's where history, culture, business and the stage are just steps away. That's one reason why, for 150 years, people who make a difference have made their way through these doors
In addition to our 160 bedrooms our legendary Regent Street address has long been the capital's hub for fine food, wine and conversation. This May sees the opening of our brand-new Grill & Sushi Bar, Laurent at Café Royal by internationally renowned chef Laurent Tourondel; in addition to this is Papillon our brasserie, the Oscar Wilde Lounge where our award-winning afternoon tea is served, The Domino restaurant, vibrant Green Bar, Event spaces and of course In Room Dining. On top of this is our 2 level luxury Spa and wellbeing centre Akasha.
As you can imagine with a business as diverse as ours, we purchase an extensive range of products ranging from basic essentials to specialist ingredients. We are now looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to oversee and manage our purchasing division.
As our Purchasing Manager you will become part of a specialised finance team that provides a dedicated procurement service on behalf of our team, guests and suppliers. Working as part of a wider finance team you’ll be responsible for sourcing suppliers and coordinating orders on behalf of our departmental teams to ensure that par stock levels are maintained across the business.
Working as part of a larger management team you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to lead and guide a team skilled in the sourcing of general products and perishable goods. With a meticulous eye for detail you never miss a thing, ensuring that all orders are within operating budgets and that suppliers’ offer the best negotiated prices for all products. Superior communication and negotiation skills are also required for this role as you will manage a host of supplier relationships on behalf of the business, on hand to deal with supplier queries in a professional and responsive manner.
Finally your background in general purchasing will give you the fundamental understanding to undertake a host of financial responsibilities including the preparation of reports and journals for budgeting, stock taking and inventory control. Your other management duties will include recruitment, staff scheduling, payroll and implementing Health & Safety policies and practices across the division.
- Proven experience in a senior purchasing, procurement or buying role, gained within a large, multi-outlet 5 star luxury hotel or similar luxury restaurant group, or retail company
- A solid understanding or food & drink with a good knowledge of the London restaurant scene
- Strong Negotiation & Buying skills
- Your grooming should be immaculate and communication skills exceptional, in order to flawlessly connect with clients and colleagues from all over the world – a fluent level of spoken and written English is essential
- Exceptional attention to detail is essential, as well as strong numerical skills
- A flexible approach to working hours, as occasional weekend work is required (though in return you will be given days off in lieu)
- Competent in Excel, Word and some exposure to purchasing/procurement software such as SUN, Fourth Hospitality and ADACO is essential
- A good knowledge of Micros would also be beneficial
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Pension, Life Insurance & Private Medical Insurance with BUPA
- On duty meal, dry cleaning allowance
- Fantastic training & development opportunities across the Set Hotels portfolio
- 2 Complimentary
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted Room rates, Spa and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including subsidised chiropody
How to apply:
Please apply by the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.