As a Shift Engineer, you are a custodian of our very exclusive asset. Your role is to ensure that through your technical knowledge and skill to the craft, you will consistently endeavour to maintain our products and material at the highest standard for all our guests and employees to enjoy.
Working as part of a larger Engineering team you will undertake a range of planned and corrective maintenance duties to ensure that all of our back of house areas, plants, public areas (including wet & dry spa areas), along with guest bedrooms are presented at the highest standard.
This is a permanent and full time position, 40 hours per week following a 12 hour shift work - 4 days on - 4 days off.
- A natural ability to provide a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar role within a multi outlet hotel or luxury serviced building is essential; ideally a 5 star environment
- Relevant trade qualifications are essential
- Solid experience in electrical maintenance and refrigeration is desirable
- A conversational level of spoken English is essential in order to flawlessly communicate with colleagues and guests
- A flexible approach to working hours – comfortable with early starts, late finishes and weekend. Must be able to work 12 hour shift patterns.
- Competitive salary package
- Complimentary meals on duty on our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.