Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, you will provide an efficient and accurate stores service on behalf of Café Royal, working closely with all departments to understand the specification of all deliveries and to ensure they meet the hotels standard. You will become the primary guardian of the stores areas, with responsibility for the stores goods requisition process, control on the storage and stock rotation of all perishable items, ensuring food items are marked with date of purchase when practical and expiry date if decanted for storage.
You will manage all aspects of the stores, including but not limited to:
- Complete a monthly stocktake of all items in the store room and assist in additional stock takes throughout the hotel as needed
- Manage the hotels wine and beverage cellars
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established hotel operating procedures and prepare for the following days orders
- Manage stock levels within stores completing food, beverage, groceries, sundried and non-food stock replenishment as required
- Proven background in a similar role in a busy Purchasing department
- Experience in a similar establishment, ideally in a large, multi-outlet 4 or 5 star hotel environment
- Highly organised, strong supervisory skills, along with great attention to detail
- A flexible approach to working hours, as occasional weekend work is required (though in return you will be given days off in lieu
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
How to apply?
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.