Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, now 5 star luxury hotel, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage and chic contemporary edge. We are a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
You are the “voice with a smile”, managing our hotel switchboard and dealing with all internal and external calls in a professional and efficient manner. Whilst handling a range of matters, you will offer exceptional attention to detail in hotel services knowledge and convey the appropriate tone and warmth in all communications.
You will coordinate all Housekeeping and Engineering service work orders through HotSOS, reporting guest queries to the relevant senior colleagues if no immediate solution is identified and ensuring efficient communication with guests.
This is a permanent full time position with 40 hours per week. There are various shifts involved, including night shifts.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar guest service role, ideally on a busy switchboard
- A strong background within a 4 or 5 star hotel environment or other high end establishment
- Well versed in hotel operations, with the finesse to respond to a variety of guest requests and solve problems with efficiency, accuracy and personality
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to connect with guests who possess little English speaking ability - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and occasional overnight shifts
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted F&B and room rates, as well as other lifestyle discounts
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.