The Set embraces the best of the traditional Grand hotels and the new design hotels in turn, providing the best of both worlds. Heritage, attention to detail and impeccable service sit harmoniously alongside modernity, wellbeing and technology, giving us the ability to stay in tune with the personal rhythms of our guests’ lifestyles. Hotels of The Set allow guests to continue to do what they love doing in locations and surroundings where they feel they belong. We want people to feel part of The Set, seek out our hotels when they travel, and always wish to return. We do this by creating places that move people. Places they love, want to return to, and tell others about whilst at the same time enabling new discoveries; something that makes them think differently.
Our three founding properties in Amsterdam, London and Paris all sit in the cultural heart of their vibrant cities, and have attracted the people who drive change and creativity for decades. We feel a great sense of responsibility to preserve the soul and individuality of each property – its features, feeling and heritage – to retain its sense of place, purpose and continued contribution to its locality.
You will be responsible of maintaining essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware, as well as perform routine/schedule audits of the systems. Important part of your role will be to respond and resolve security and help desk requests immediately and proactively interact with other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Proven work experience of minimum 2 years within hospitality industry preferable
- Microsoft certifications, associate or higher degree preferable
- Working knowledge of virtualization
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals on duty on our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.