Waiter & Commis Waiter
We have opportunities for skilled Waiters and Commis Waiters, and we are looking for experienced and knowledgeable individuals with a passion for luxury levels of service. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with customers from all over the world.
As a Waiter you will welcome both visitors and hotel guests to the Ten Room which is open for all-day informal dining. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner are served, interspersed with an additional menu that carries an edited selection of favourites available throughout the day into late evening.
As well as service delivery you will also provide advice and guidance to guests on our range of fine wines and champagnes in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience. Finally you will have both the poise and sophistication to deliver an elegant and personalised service to our guests.
As a Commis Waiter you will be largely responsible for Mise-en-Place ensuring that restaurant has sufficient quantities of cutlery and crockery for service and making sure it is staged accordingly to entertain our guests. During service you will support and assist the senior restaurant team with the service of food from the kitchen, delivering it to the appropriate section for service.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Previous experience as a Commis Waiter or Waiter ideally gained within a brasserie in a luxury hotel, a casual fine dining restaurant or the like
- Excellent knowledge and appreciation of food & wine
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- ·mmaculate personal grooming
- Flexibility to mornings, evening and weekend shifts
- Competitive base salary + service charge
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted room rates and F&B
How to apply?
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.