Director of Events and Groups
Experience our take on the art of the iconic
The Set embraces the best of the traditional Grand hotels and the new design hotels in turn, providing the best of both worlds. Heritage, attention to detail and impeccable service sit harmoniously alongside modernity, wellbeing and technology, giving us the ability to stay in tune with the personal rhythms of our guests’ lifestyles. Hotels of The Set allow guests to continue to do what they love doing in locations and surroundings where they feel they belong. We want people to feel part of The Set, seek out our hotels when they travel, and always wish to return. We do this by creating places that move people. Places they love, want to return to, and tell others about whilst at the same time enabling new discoveries; something that makes them think differently.
Our three founding properties in Amsterdam, London and Paris all sit in the cultural heart of their vibrant cities, and have attracted the people who drive change and creativity for decades. We feel a great sense of responsibility to preserve the soul and individuality of each property – its features, feeling and heritage – to retain its sense of place, purpose and continued contribution to its locality.
As our Director of Events & Groups your role is to lead and inspire your team of Event Sales Specialists in promoting our hotel event facilities and services in the most engaging and informative way to our domestic and international clientele and business partners. Working as part of a larger Events & Groups team you will oversee and guide your team in the organisation all aspects of a clients meetings or function requirements including; venue hire, AV equipment and food & beverage. From the initial enquiry up until the day of the event you'll deliver a consistently high standard of event management services to our guests. You'll also undertake a range of follow up duties including billing and post event feedback in order to generate repeat business.
Working in partnership with our Leadership team your responsibilities will include:
- Managing of the Event and Groups team, sales and operations
- Creating the necessary reports for the different departments
- Preparing proposals for our clients
- Organising and leading site inspections
- Creating the contracts for the confirmed events
- Following up on the deposits and invoices
- Attending the daily internal meetings
- Making sure that Delphi is always up to date
- Following up the daily events with the Operational Team
- Keeping the procedures up to date and ensuring their application in the department
- Reaching the monthly and yearly budgets
It’s likely you’ll have a proven background as a Director of Events role or similar role in Events department ideally gained in a London-based 5* luxury hotel. You will epitomise the very essence of 21st century hospitality; with a natural flair and elegance for service, and a passion and enthusiasm for providing a luxurious level of service that is both confident and calm. You will be a proactive motivator and mentor being able to lead the team with enthusiasm and professionalism. Passion to provide a personalised guest experience, strong selling skills, deep product knowledge combined with knowledge of the latest trends in the London Events scene, confidence and a “voice with a smile”, are required trademarks for this position to successfully master the elegant delivery of our products and services.
- Competitive salary
- 15% bonus earning potential as Head of Department
- Complimentary meals on duty in our colleague restaurant
- Complimentary laundering of work attire
- Membership of group life assurance, management pension and private medical schemes
- Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
- Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
- Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
- Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
- Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
- Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.