We are looking for a Head Baker who is well versed in handling all grades of flour and the sourcing of quality products to create an elegant, yet indulgent range of artisan and specialist breads and pastries. You will of course have a passion for producing the very highest levels of luxury products that are both classic yet creative.
As our Head Baker you will work under the guidance of our Executive Pastry Chef but will have specific responsibility for the Bakery. At Café Royal you will have the opportunity to showcase your knowledge, skill and creativity of Bakery in combining and working with quality British and international ingredients to create an elegant, yet indulgent range of bakery products including; the production of all of the hotels artisan breads used throughout our restaurants; viennoiserie including croissants, pain au chocolate and raisin, Danish pastries; as well as other specialist bakery items sold daily The Café.
As a talented and experienced Baker you will be well versed in handling all grades of flour and the sourcing of quality products to create an elegant, yet indulgent range of artisan and specialist breads and pastries, whether French or Italian in style to you will ensure they are all in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality. Finally you will also support our Executive Pastry Chef with the training and development of our team in order to cross train the pastry team in bakery to develop their skill and understanding within this speacialised area of the kitchen.
- As one of our most famous patrons Oscar Wilde once famously quoted 'To Define is to Limit' however with a role as important as this you will of course need to have a natural flair and talent for Pastry, combined with a specialism for Artisan Baking and passion for producing the very highest levels luxury products that are both classic yet creative in order to take your diners on a sumptuous culinary journey.
- In addition to the above you should also have:
- Professionally trained to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or similar in Pastry with a specialism or separate qualification within Professional Bakery
- Proven extensive experience in a similar role as a Baker or Senior Baker, ideally gained within a similar Luxury multi-outlet Hotel with in house bakery, independent Artisan Bakery or large destination restaurant
- Possessing distinct leadership qualities to provide a credible and consistent role model.
- Previous international work experience is beneficial along with exposure to international bakery styles, particularly with French, Spanish, Italian or other modern European influences
- Flexibility to work early mornings and weekend shifts
- Competitive Salary + Service Charge
- 20 Days holiday + Bank Holidays, rising to 25 days holiday + Bank holidays with 5 years’ service
- Group Life Insurance & access to financial services
- Pension scheme
- On Duty Meal
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Annual Recognition rewards schemes, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including Spa & Gym Memberships
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.