As a Night Chef or Chef de Partie you will enable and help to take guests on a sumptuous culinary journey. As part of our talented culinary team you will showcase both flair and creativity in combining quality British ingredients with a cosmopolitan mix of International, Italian and French influences. Working within one of London’s newest and modern kitchens featuring all of the latest specialist culinary equipment, our team creates an elegant, yet contemporary theme in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
As a Night Chef your main responsibilities will be food preparation during the night shift. As a Night Chef you will focus on Room service orders and early breakfast preparation.
The role requires a highly organised and self-motivated person who is trustworthy and able to handle a high volume workload and is able to keep up with the fast paced nature of the kitchen as required. You will be able to work and carry out your duties unsupervised.
Shifts will be from 10pm – 8am on a 5 on 2 off shift pattern
- You will currently be working in a similar position and have proven experience ideally as a Night Chef or Chef de Partie within a luxury hotel or other high end restaurant/hospitality business.
- Professionally trained as a chef with minimum NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Exposure to international cuisines, particularly with Italian or modern European influences is advantageous.
- Flexibility to work nights including weekends
- On-duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Group Life Insurance
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service + Bank Holidays
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards
- Discounted Room rates and F&B
How to apply:
Please apply to Careers@hotelcaferoyal.com Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.