Hotel Café Royal is delighted to be a member of Green Globe, the Worldwide sustainability system based on internationally accepted criteria for sustainable operation and management of travel and tourism businesses.
At Hotel Café Royal we are acutely aware of our responsibility towards the environment, placing our ecological footprint at the core of our business model, and we strive to alleviate pressure on natural resources by reducing energy and water consumption in our hotel. We promote environmentally responsible, ethical and fair-trade policies in our sourcing of food and other products, promote the best use of environmental practices, and continuously look to improve our processes.
Our environmental credentials include:
- Thermal energy storage system for heating and cooling
- Use of triple glass in all guest bedrooms and suites
- Provide digital newspapers, magazines, in-room dining menus and guest room information
- Partnership with ‘Clean Conscience’ an organisation who collects and recycles soap bars and bottled amenities
- Our restaurants use organic ingredients, free from anti-biotics, and locally sourced where possible
- Preventing use of single serve items where possible
- We support conservation and management of state-owned or private natural areas directly located around the hotel, the city or the country, through charitable trusts, foundations and environmental organisations