Above It All
Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, Harry Potter. What is it about London, that makes so many authors send their heroes floating above its rooftops? This most elusive dream is just one of the privileges of our most exclusive suite – the exquisite Dome Penthouse.
An historic masterwork, the suite commands unrivalled views of London's famous landmarks, because it's one of them. A former fire lookout, atop a Grade II listed building, the legendary Penthouse at the Café Royal has long dominated the skyline of Lower Regent Street. It's hard to miss its copper dome, and the two imposing guardians of your private residence – the famous statue of Britannia, alongside her faithful lion.
Yet the finest artwork in your suite, is the space itself. Master interior architect Sir David Chipperfield has achieved an ideal balance of historical detail and modern comfort. Spanning three thousand square feet of sophisticated luxury, this three-bedroom suite is as theatrical as it is intimate, simple in plan while layered in subtle details. Consider the advanced technology – always within easy reach, yet hidden until you need it. In this, and so many ways, you feel at ease, yet indulged, in every aspect of the Penthouse.
As day turns to evening, your visitors begin to gather on the wrap-around terraces, and the balance and flexibility of the Dome Penthouse really come to life. As beautifully furnished outdoors as in, the elegant veranda which hosted today's intimate dinner transforms effortlessly for tomorrow's fashion preview and cocktail party. Turn your domed ceiling into a planetarium or take the suite's brass telescope, and train it on the constellations. If you prefer, spend days enjoying the Penthouse as your own private sanctuary – in contact with the city's pulse, yet a world away.
Before you check in, let us help shape that world to your liking. Your dedicated butler, and our entire suites team, stand ready to transform the Penthouse into your own London eyrie. Perhaps your visit calls for a blazing fire pit, a rooftop sauna or a romantic night, sleeping under the stars. We can add all this, and more, to your reservation.
Like the city that is its muse, the Dome Penthouse is a canvas for your imagination. In this unique residence above the capital, you'll be the author of a London dream all your own.
The Dome Penthouse can be extended to the Dome Wing to include 12 guestrooms with private access.
- All non-alcoholic minibar food and beverages are included
- Room Size 292 sqm
- Two terraces overlooking Piccadilly Circus, Westminster and Regent Street
- Three king beds
- Circular master suite with large entertaining area
- 98 inch HD TV
- Marble dining table to seat six
- Butlers pantry/kitchenette
- LED lighting system
- Three Carrara Marble Bathrooms
- Rainfall showers
- Oversized Ming green bath tub
- Bathroom mirror TV screen
- Whisper Quiet sound proofing
- DJ system and wireless music connectivity
Amenities & Services
- 24hr in-room dining
- Air Conditioning
- Bang & Olufsen in-room entertainment system and media hub
- Butler Service
- Butler’s Pantry with complimentary Nespresso coffee machine
- Complimentary access to Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre with full use of the large lap pool, state-of-the-art-gym, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room
- Complimentary daily newspaper and choice of magazines
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Designer British bathroom amenities from Floris
- Frette linen
- Luxury bathrobe and slippers
- Mini Bar
- Private Butler
- Private safe
- John Lobb shoe care service
Check in 3pm / Check out 12 Noon
Should you have any special requirements for your stay please contact the reservations team who will be happy to assist. Please note surrounding streets are occasionally closed to traffic in aid of cultural events in the West End, please click here to find out more.
VIP Heathrow pick up (in partnership with LHR Airport Limited)*:
A team will be waiting for you to step off the aircraft, where you will be whisked away by luxury vehicle to your private lounge.
Whilst you unwind, a specialist team will assist with immigration formalities and collect your luggage.
Once completed, a chauffeur driven luxury car will take to the hotel.
*Only available for First Class Flights
Please note all guestrooms and suites are non-smoking rooms.
Telephone +44 (0)20 7406 3322