The Set Hotels Safe Stay
Over the past months we have missed each and every one of you and as we prepare for the world to open up, we at The Set Hotels have been working hard to ensure that when the time is right you feel safe in returning to our modern grand hotels.
In order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees, we have raised our standards even further to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. We are committed to ensure that you stay safe and well in all of our hotels. All standards will continue to be reviewed and re-evaluated regularly to ensure relevance and that they are based on the guidance of the World Health Organisation and local health and government authorities.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been updating our booking & cancellation policies in order to offer you as much flexibility as possible. This will continue and we kindly invite you to contact our reservations team should you have any questions or enquiries. We cannot wait to welcome you back into our lobbies, our guest rooms, our restaurants and our spas. More than ever, our teams are ready to capture your hearts and minds as you explore and re-engage with us in some of the world’s most vibrant destinations.
Until we meet again, please stay safe and healthy.
When you are ready to travel, this is our commitment to you...
The Set Safe Stay: A responsibility that we share
- We will do everything we can to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We also know that we can rely on you, our guests, to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and ask that when staying with us, you follow our guidance when in and around the hotel.
- We have raised our standards even further in meeting the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. Thank you in advance for your assistance in keeping us all safe during your stay with us.
- Wherever possible we encourage guests to connect with us through touchless and contactless mediums. Whether via a phone call, messages or email, we are here for you before, during and after your stay.
- We will contact all guests within three days prior to arrival to discuss all elements of your stay with us.
- Information will be shared digitally when feasible, including invoices upon check out.
- While face-to-face interactions may be more limited during your stay, we will remain as connected as always.
- All of our colleagues will follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- You will find additional signage used throughout the hotel to remind guests, visitors, contractors, staff, third parties and customers to always adhere to the social distancing guidelines, wherever possible.
- Only one guest room at a time will be allowed into each elevator.
- A warm welcome is what we are known for but in these times, we have developed a new safe greeting for all guests and colleagues – ‘The Set Greeting’
- You will notice a change in the layout of our food & beverage outlets in order to follow the social distancing guidelines.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Our colleagues will be provided with the relevant protective clothing and equipment (PPE) in order for them to carry out their duties safely and without risk to themselves or others.
- PPE equipment will be increased in certain of the areas of the hotel where closer contact is unavoidable such as the Spa.
- To maintain a safe distance and minimise contact, physical barriers have been installed in certain areas of the hotel.
- These include barriers such as transparent screens at desks so that, when necessary, our team can interact with guests in a safe manner.
- Where appropriate and possible, one-way systems of movement may be in operation.
Exceptional Focus on Hygiene & Cleanliness
- Stringent hygiene practices will be observed by all colleagues
- Our colleagues will wash hands regularly (every 45 minutes) using soap and hot water for minimum of 20 seconds, rinsed and dried with disposable towels
- Hand sanitizer is available for all and should be used frequently
- The cleaning of all guest rooms and public areas has been enhanced to adhere to World Health Organisation and local health and government authorities cleaning protocols. This includes more frequent and in-depth disinfecting of high-touch areas, while using the correct cleaning materials.
- Guest room cleaning will only be conducted when the room is empty
- In the event of a suspected positive case of COVID 19, the guest's room will be immediately placed under quarantine and removed from service. after a detailed and thorough deep cleaning. The guest room will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room will remain out of service and only be returned to service after undergoing enhanced decontamination following proper guidelines and appropriate disinfectants.
Enhanced and Consistent Training
- Training will be provided for all colleagues before they return to work, relating to our new way of operating.
- Standard Operating Procedures are in place and specific training sessions with all team members on working in new socially distanced environment signed off prior to commencement of work.
- We have reviewed all of our existing risk assessments and any new activity/practice is appropriately risk assessed before implementation.
- Return to work questionnaires for our colleagues are used to verify that employees who have been absent with symptoms of COVID-19 have self-isolated for a minimum period of 14 days and are symptomless.
- If colleagues have a temperature of over 37.8 degrees, they will not be permitted to work.
- Colleagues will be advised to remain at home if they feel unwell.
- Prior to each shift, our colleagues must complete a health declaration using our colleague app.
- We hold regular colleague ‘check ins’ to ensure the health and welfare of each and every colleague and to answer any concerns that are existing or have arisen during work or for those who have been affected by COVID-19.
- In cases where any member of staff feels unwell whilst at work, they should go home immediately and consult NHS 111 if necessary.